For Superior Quality & Great Prices - Buy Direct
At EARTHCO We Manufacture & Process What We Sell
(Except for winter road salt)
EXPLORE OUR PRODUCTS
We take pride in securing the right raw materials; compost (the organic content), including blueberry compost and leaf compost, proper gradations of sand and a small percentage of clay or silt to create premium quality organic soil mixes.
Premium quality screened blueberry compost and leaf compost for garden amendments and top dressing. Our blueberry compost is naturally sourced from blueberry processors and our leaf compost is sourced from HRM.
We use kiln dried lumber to manufacture our premium quality colour enhanced mulch at our Sackville processing site. You will find no wood chips in our mulch. Similar care is taken in manufacturing our double grind and single grind "bark" mulch.
Landscape gravels are sourced from our sandpits and quarry gravels from our family's quarry in Hants County. All are screened and sized to meet industry standards.
We often get requests for non-standard products, whether soil mixes or ground material.
Let us know what you require and we will let you know if we can do it.
If our Customers are Successful, we are Successful
EARTHCO, a family owned and operated business, established in 2005, is one of the largest manufacturers and providers in Nova Scotia of premium organic soil mixes, premium quality mulches and compost.
- Our Vision:
- To assist our customers and provide superior quality products at competitive prices.
- Our Mission:
- To make a difference by providing information to assist our customers succeed with their projects. To manufacturer and process superior quality organic soil mixes and mulch by selecting the best raw material. To be competitive or provide lower prices by using technology and mechanizing our operation with efficient equipment. To develop new products that better meet the needs of our customers. To establish long term relationships and care for each other.
- Core Values:
- Customer Experience – Product Quality - Honesty – Respect – Accountability (Our DNA)
We wish to thank our customers for their business and their loyalty. We enjoy answering your questions and providing information on our products.
2020 was an extraordinary and challenging year. Covid -19 changed our lives significantly. Disruption, loss of jobs, social distancing, masking and working from home became the norm.
For Earthco the spring of 2020 was very hectic with several hundred phone calls every day and customers waiting at our Sackville Business Park site to get a quote or place orders for pickup and delivery.
To help address our ability to better respond to customer requests we hired three new employees and purchased more loaders and trucks.
It is difficult to answer all calls during office hours, but we can send an email response to our customers after hours. For customers who know what they want, we encourage you to send us an email if possible.
We strive to create an effortless customer experience.
Thank you for your business.
- Environmentally Conscious:
- We process over-ripe and under-ripe blueberries and their leaves into a high-quality compost primarily used in our triple mix garden soil.
- We purchase raw bark from sawmills, often burnt at bio-mass plants, to manufacture our high quality bark mulch.
- We purchase kiln dried cut-offs from sawmills, often burnt at biomass plants, to manufacture high quality coloured mulch.
- Recognizable Quality:
- Recognized by many industry and community professionals for our high-quality Seed Quality Lawn Soil, Blueberry and Leaf Compost, Triple Mix Garden Soil, Double Grind Bark Mulch and Coloured Mulch. Earthco is the only Soil Manufacturer in the area that makes a separate Seed Quality Lawn Soil.
EARTHCO soil has been an amazing addition to our farm, its high organic content gives us the type of soil our urban farm needs. We get excited every time we have to place an order because I know that the soil they bring will enable us to grow more food for our community.
Rob MacNeish, Farm Coordinator
Dartmouth North Community Food Centre
The quality of the soil and mulch received from EARTHCO is great, even my landscaper was impressed and has been using their products on many other projects since. Before dealing with EARTHCO, I did not realize the big difference quality soil can make. Thank you!
Best place around for purchasing landscaping materials. Great service and quality products. Highly recommend.
Purchased 4 tandem loads of the Premium Seed Soil. Product is way better than the place I purchased from last year. Driver was amazing.
Excellent business to deal with! Bought 17 yards of garden soil, 8 yards of pea gravel and over 5 yards of black mulch for our property.
Friendly and patient staff, great products at great prices.
OUR RAWDON FACILITY
Move the mouse over the image to explore
On the left is blueberry compost, to the right kiln ground lumber for our coloured mulch and in the foreground and background id bark mulch.
WHAT'S NEW AT EARTHCO?
2021 is setting new records. In a 3-hour period on April 29 we had over 100 phone calls and a few dozen emails.
It is difficult to hire experienced staff to assist for 6 to 8 weeks, our homeowner's peak season. A person must know our products' capabilities, pricing of materials, various size truck load capacities, pricing and delivery charges to various destinations and scheduling which can only be done by one person, all while we are facing a partial lock down due to Covid-19.
We have created a new website to assist homeowners determine what products are best for their projects and have provided answers to common questions homeowners may have. The new website will enable some customers to email their requests or orders to us. This will permit us to respond in the evenings and on weekends to expedite the process. Delivery costs is something we are working on to be part of our website information.
To address some of the backlog experienced last year we purchased 2 new trucks and trailers, 2 new loaders, added phone lines and hired 3 additional employees.
Small Contractor and Homeowner Prices for up to 5 cubic yards
Prices shown are for small loads up to 5 cubic yards. For orders greater than 5 cu yards please contact our office for pricing. Delivery and HST extra.
Soil & Compost:
|Commercial lawn soil – 20% organic||$26.00 per cu yd|
|Seed quality lawn soil - 30% organic||$29.00 per cu yd|
|Commercial garden soil - 40% organic||$35.50 per cu yd|
|Triple mix garden soil - 60% organic||$46.00 per cu yd|
|Top dressing (leaf compost) - 100% organic||$49.50 per cu yd|
|Garden compost (blueberry compost) - 100% organic||$56.00 per cu yd|
Mulch & Ground Wood
|Bark mulch – single grind||$40.50 per cu yd|
|Premium bark mulch – double grind||$41.50 per cu yd|
|Coloured mulch – ground kiln dried lumber||$51.75 per cu yd|
|Natural ground wood – uncoloured and not aged||$39.50 per cu yd|
Landscape Stone & Gravel
|Peastone 3/8" to 5/8" unwashed (let the rain do the washing)||$50.50 per cu yd|
|Beach stone 1" to 3" unwashed (let the rain do the washing)||$46.00 per cu yd|
|Gravel Type 1 / Class B < 19mm – ideal for driveways||$32.00 per cu yd|
|Clear stone 3/4" clear – ideal for drainage||$31.00 per cu yd|
|Crusher dust / Micro dust||$32.00 per cu yd|
We are expanding our delivery coverage to meet the demand for high quality landscape products. At Earthco we manufacturer and sell what we make.
We deliver to Halifax, Dartmouth, Bedford, and suburban areas including Westwood, Boutiliers Point, Hacket's Cove, Brookside, Harrietsfield, Herring Cove, Mount Uniacke, Oakfield, Lantz, Porters Lake, Lawrencetown, Eastern Passage, and areas in between these outer points.
Deliveries to some areas noted above will be dependent on landscape material type and quantity.
Also, throughout Nova Scotia for larger quantities of selected product:
- Shipment of 65 cubic yards of bark mulch, coloured mulch and ground wood within 200 km of Lower Sackville.
- Shipments of 80 to 120 cubic yards or more of bark mulch, coloured mulch or ground wood throughout Nova Scotia.
Contact our office for details (902) 405-7800 or by email info@EARTHCOresources.ca
Our late model fleet and typical capacities subject to moisture content:
- Small dump truck - capable of hauling 3.5 cu yds of gravel, 4 cu yds of lawn soil, 5 cu yds of triple mix garden soil, 8 cu yds of bark mulch, coloured mulch, compost or ground wood.
- Tandem dump truck – capable of hauling 12 cu yds of gravel (approx. 15 tons), 15 cu yds of lawn soil, 16 cu yds of triple mix garden soil, 18 cu yds of bark mulch, coloured mulch or ground wood.
- Tandem end dump - capable of hauling 18 cu yds of gravel (approx. 21 tons), 24 to 26 cu yds of lawn soil, 30 cu yds of triple mix garden soil and 30 cu yds of bark mulch, coloured mulch or ground wood.
- Tridem end dumps - capable of hauling 30 to 32 cu yds of lawn soil, 40 cu yds of triple mix garden soil, 65 cu yds of bark mulch, coloured mulch or ground wood.
- Quad axel conveyor floor – 75 to 80 cu yds of bark mulch or 120 plus cu yds of coloured mulch or ground natural wood.
Contractor Hours - Monday through Friday 7 am to 5 pm or later, depending on demand and weather conditions. Saturday on request.
Homeowner Hours - Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm depending on weather conditions, and Saturday 8 am to 2 pm May and June only.
Cash, Visa and Master Card, credit on approved commercial accounts.
Small Contractor and Homeowner Pick Up: 4 Temple Terrace, Sackville Business Park